Siobain Drury MA, PGDIP is harum scarum
Siobain Drury has Fine Art training with a background in Arts Education. She has a broad range of creative skills and expertise and is developing her own practice alongside facilitating creative activity in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
As an artist, her work has developed over the years from a love of collecting and combining. She has a strong sense of how to put things together – hence mixed media work is often her main focus. Within this, she collects original imagery, text and objects and combines them with drawing, print, textiles, photographs, paint and stitch. Drawing is fundamental to her practice and manifests itself in many forms, including print and drawing with a sewing machine.
The passing of time, journeys, the environment, mortality, the overlooked and nostalgia are themes that recur in her work. There are a number of different threads to her collage work. Some are concerned with commercially printed media: advertising or typography, particularly from the mid-twentieth century. Other work is inspired by personal experiences of travel, relationships, politics and society. Siobain likes to play with ideas as much as composition she is currently a Member of the Gloucestershire Printmaking Co-op.
Creative Workshops – Exciting & innovative range of workshops offered for all ages both at the studio and out & about in schools, schools, hospitals and at public events. Bespoke workshops can be designed to meet your needs.
Mentoring, Tutoring, Consultancy – One to one or small groups for those already in education, home-schooled or at the beginning of their creative careers. Consultancy for Schools & groups who seek professional guidance in Art Education & Creativity.
Handmade Candles Eco Soya Candles – Siobain makes hand-poured Eco Soya wax candles with exquisite scents & Organic Essential oils that have a clean slow burn. She also enjoy making a range of jewellery & gifts – much of this work is crafted from pre-loved materials or manufacturing waste. Giving lost things a new lease of life.
Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity (PPL and PI) insurance, Professional Membership with A-N. Enhanced DBS
Recent exhibitions include:
- GPC Summer Show, Museum in the Park, 2019
- SIT Select Trail 2018, GPC Stroud
- Women’s Suffrage Exhibition, GPC & The Museum in the Park, Stroud 2018,
- War Child Exhibition, Christmas Steps Bristol 2016
- Stroud, SHOP @Robbins & Roberts SVA 2015,
- Orange & Blue Series, Meme Café Bar 2015
- Solo Show, Patchwork Mouse, Painswick 2014
- Japan College of Foreign Languages, Tokyo 2014
- University of the Creative Arts, Farnham 2013
- Open studios SVA, Piccadilly Mill 2014
- Open Studios SVA, Piccadilly Mill 2013
- Landmark, Sundial Theatre Cirencester 2010
- Make Do and Mend , Angel Vintage @ The Illustration Gallery Stroud 2008
- Posterwall group collaboration, Engage conference Arnofini Bristol 2005
- Love in the 21st Century, North Birmingham Hospital Trust 2002